The classic game of Reversi, aka Othello (tb) for the Palm Pre.
- Splash screen slide show of 19th century Reversi Boards
- Visible on screen Scores
- Menu driven scenes for Preferences setting, Help with strategy and rule examples, and an About screen with a history of Reversi
- At your choice the Pre can show where you can move and the flip count of that move.
- You can choose playing white or black or watch the Pre play itself
- You can set the computers smartness or stupidity.
The game is fun and beatable. (it is not an alpha-beta search routine, it's a weighted cell counter, so you CAN beat it.)
- Prior to 2009-08-08 the version was incorrect. The uploaded version now matches the screenshot.
- 2009-08-08 User controls and game play controls now in place.
- 2009-08-19 Help and about screens complete. Pref's screen present but not hooked up.
- 2009-08-23 Prefs screen fully operational. Game Graphics substantially improved. Splash Screen.
- 2009-08-23 fixed new game button to not reset to splash screen. Oooops
- 2009-08-31 alert dialogs on no move available. Game Win dialog.
- 2009-09-04 Replaced error dialogs with notifications to speed up game play and improve look and feel per users requests
- 2009-09-13 Updated Graphics, Improved ABOUT screen, Palm compliant Help screen, improved Rules and History screens, improved Pref's screen, Three themes to choose from. Slightly improved game play, High score manager.
- 2009-09-14 - 1.0.19 - fixed chips switching with themes.
- 2009-09-15 - bug fix - changing colors mid game hung the game. oooops. Thanks cwgtex for the report!
- The AI is very stupid. Anyone post "absolute beginner" can beat this version of Reversi. It is not a game for advanced players.
RatingClick to rate!
Seller: Rick Boatright
Updated: February 9, 2010
License: MIT License Open Source