Supporting Feedly, AOL Reader, The Old Reader, InoReader, BazQux Reader, Tiny Tiny RSS, and OwnCloud News.
Following the shutdown of Google Reader on July 1, 2013, this is a fork of SemicolonApps' excellent (and unfortunately no longer supported) Google Reader app Feeder to create a client that is compatible with Feedly's API, The Old Reader's beta API, InoReader's API, BazQux Reader's API, Tiny Tiny RSS's API, AOL Reader's API, and OwnCloud News' API. Now, webOS users can again sync their RSS Feeds across all of their webOS devices.
What works? All the basics:
- Loading Subscriptions
- Reading Articles
- Marking articles as read/unread
- Marking all articles in a subscription as read/unread
- Sharing via email/sms/Twitter/Facebook
- Adding/Removing Subscriptions
- "Star"ing or "Like"ing items.
- [InoReader and Tiny Tiny RSS] Sharing items via the "shared" feed.
What doesn't work yet:
- [AOL Reader, The Old Reader, Feedly, OwnCloud News and BazQux Reader] Sharing items via the "shared" feed. This is also a limitation of the API and cannot be fixed until the API is updated.
- [The Old Reader, InoReader, and BazQux Reader] Logging in via your Google/Facebook account (OAuth). Again, limitation of the API. At the moment, you can set a password in the web interface and log in using that.
- Searching your feeds.
- [Feedly on webOS 1.4.5 only] Cannot delete folders, unsubscribe from feeds, or unstar items. Also, must re-login every week or so. This is due to the version of webkit used by 1.4.5. Later versions work correctly.
- [OwnCloud News on webOS 1.4.5 only] Cannot delete folders or unsubscribe from feeds. This is due to the version of webkit used by 1.4.5. Later versions work correctly.
As the APIs mature, the app will be updated to support all of these things. In the meantime, enjoy your news feeds! Need support or have questions? Email email@example.com
RatingClick to rate!
Category: News And Internet
Updated: February 24, 2015
License: MIT License Open Source