Pedometer app counts the steps as you walk. This app does not require GPS (that is, clear view of the sky is not required). Along with the step count, you can also see the timer, distance walked, speed and calories burnt.
Current Version: 0.1.1 (Available ONLY in App catalog) New Changes (12/24/2009):
- It uses the palm api (thanks to webOS 1.3.2) to keep the screen on while the app is in operation
- Settings are moved to the Preference page which is available in Menu
- Algorithm to count the steps is perfected little bit
- Reset the version number for the app catalog
- The app id is changed for the app catalog.
- Rewriting the algorithm for more accurate count as Palm opened the API to adjust the accelerometer polling rate (30Hz) in webOS 1.3.5.
- Storing the walk history
- Emailing/Exporting the history
Previous Version: 0.2.1 (Available via Repository)
Fixed a small defect in the version 0.0.2 and made the current version to 0.2.1.
If you are updating from version 0.0.1, please delete the older version, otherwise just install on existing version 0.0.2
- Changed the look and feel little bit
- Added timer
- Stride value can be set by the user (defaults to 2.64 feet). To measure the stride, walk 10 steps and measure that distance in feet and then divide that by 10.
- All the values are saved when you close the app. It will show up next time when you open and can resume from there or click clear to start new.
NOTE: - Select your weight for right calories, default to 165 lb (NOTE: Calories shown here are not accurate, only weight and the distance are taken for calculating calorie)
Few things you need to know:
- English is my third language, so please bear with my writings here.
- This is my first mobile app, any feedback/suggestions are greatly appreciated.
- It works well when you put the device in palm case/holster and clip that in front of your belt.
- As this app uses the accelerometer service which polls data at 4Hz (4 raw data in a sec), the result is not accurate (8-10% off and shows fewer counts so add 10%). NOTE: Usually pedometer (cheap ones) are usually off by 3%-5%.
- This app uses the com.palm namespace so that it can keep the screen on using the undocumented API. This is because the accelerometer polls data only when the screen is ON (a major drawback as of now). (I know this app cannot get into Palm catalog :( and I hope Palm will open up the API in the future)
- As the screen is on when you run this app, the battery power will go down a bit (2%-3% in 15 min)
- It cannot run as a background app, so please do not minimize the card. (Use it when you really take time out for walk)
- Once you are done using the app, please close the app otherwise the screen will be on all the time. For the same reason, please do not use this app all day long otherwise your pre battery will be dead in few hours.
RatingClick to rate!
Category: Healthcare And Fitness
Updated: February 9, 2010
License: Closed Source