Turn your webOS phone into a BT GPS device for use with MapTool Pro or other apps which support external NMEA GPS devices.
This is a full working beta version. It especially needs a better icon. Once matured, it's supposed to go for 0.99$ into the ofiical AppCatalog. This free version will stay here in Preware forever free.
The app needs at least webOS 2.0. Previous versions of webOS doesn't support the necessary bluetooth profile.
Steps to use in connection with MapTool Pro (running on a TouchPad):
- install it on your webOS phone
- pair your phone with your TouchPad
- go to Bluetooth settings on your TouchPad, tap and hold the entry of your webOS phone to enter edit mode
- add the character string "GPS" to the name
- ensure they aren't connected anymore but Bluetooth is still enabled
- launch PreGo GPS on your phone and watch the bluetooth log in the middle of the screen
- launch MapTool Pro on your TouchPad and select your webOS phone as GPS device
App is published under GPL. Please extract the source code from the ipk file.
- NMEA messages with correct checksum values
RatingClick to rate!
Category: Location And Travel
Updated: October 8, 2011
License: GPL v2 Open Source