A-Browser Qt (test)
This is a tryout to evaluate if an alternate browser for WebOS is feasible and of interest.
The app is a Qt 4.8 using webkit (QWebView) for rendering.
It isn't very touch friendly as it is basically a desktop app.
The app is an almost straight port of the Qt "fancybrowser" demo.
The WebOS extension for Qt to work on WebOS are derived from https://gitorious.org/~darronb.
Developing a full-fledged browser is a hard task. I do not plan to develop this much further but would be happy to help if somebody is interested.
- !No virtual keyboard on Touchpad!
- No flash or H.264
- Pre x.
- Touchpad: not tested - may work, or not.
- No armv5 (pixi, ...)
18.02.2012 v 0.4.0
- Fixed kinetic scrolling
14.02.2012 v 0.3.0
- Tabbed browsing
- Touch&Kinetic scrolling (beta)
- (Very) primitive zoom support
- Bookmarking foundations (not yet persistent)
27.01.2012 v 0.1.0
- First release
- The WebOS extension for Qt to work on WebOs is by Darron Black: https://gitorious.org/~darronb
- Qt version 4.8
- Instructions to cross-compile Qt are available at: http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/HowtoQt
RatingClick to rate!
Category: News And Internet
Updated: February 18, 2012
License: BSD License Open Source