TXT Manager is an SMS customization application. You can configure people to have customized sounds play when they message you, as well as customized vibration. This is helpful when you are expecting or need to respond to important messages quickly (like being on-call for work).
- Customized User SMS Sounds
- Vibrate (with configurable duration) for incoming SMS
- Plays in addition to the message notification (or set 'Play Sounds' to off in Messaging to only play customized sound)
- The dashboard has to be open to play sounds
- Download webOS Quick Install
- Open webOS Quick Install (it may download some files)
- Click the third button on the right (download)
- Select 'TXT Manager' under 'PreCentral App Gallery Feed' and 'Download'
- 'Close' the list, then click 'Install'
- Click on Add User
- Select someone from your contact list
- Select the user to change settings
- Enable/disable sound or vibrate, and choose a sound
- Click Save Settings
- The user should have icons showing what is enabled
- Wait for a text message
- Fixed a bug with Saved Contacts and Unknown Callers configuration
- Sound label fixed in User Configuration
- Fixed error dialogs not popping up
- Added Groups
- Added import ability from TXT Group
- Added 5 second vibrate duration
- Added MMS support
- E-mail addresses can now be used
- Users previously added can now be updated with current contact information
- Added duration to vibrate
- Vibrate icon displays duration setting
- Settings will be updated with a default of '250 ms' when opening the new version
- Completely changed the way storage is handled
- This should allow for an infinite number of contacts to be added (more than the 10ish previously allowed)
- Users will have to be reconfigured if upgrading from 0.8.5. Sorry for the inconvenience again.
- Split 'Everyone Else' into 'Saved Contacts' and 'Unknown Callers' to allow for further customization
- Added dashboard so card does not have to be open
- The dashboard has to be open for the application to work (getting it to run in the background is tricky, so this is one solution)
- Added vibrate option
- Sound now plays as a notification
- This allows background music to continue playing instead of stopping when a message arrives
- This should also prevent sounds from playing when the ringer switch is off
- Added item for 'Everyone Else'
- Temporary fix for cookie storage issue until I change storage methods
- This will clear the cookie if it gets too large (requires opening the application twice, with a different error each time)
- Allow multiple phone numbers
- User list will need to be reconfigured (delete all and add them back) if upgrading from 0.8.0. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Fixed 'undefined' issues with names
- Initial release
RatingClick to rate!
Category: System Utilities
Updated: June 28, 2010
License: Closed Source